How to Schedule and Organize a Class
First, contact us for available dates, we need at least an 8 weeks notice to make the proper arrangements with CA State Fire Training.
Number of Students:
- We have a limit of 25 students per class, 15 to 20 students is optimal, we want every student to get individual assistance so that they leave the class with a sound understanding of all the material presented.
- Confirmation of student registration is critical so that we can plan for a good student/instructor ratio.
- We recommend deposits.
- We recommend a wait list to cover those who drop out.
- Agencies that “call-back” staffing resulting in no-shows will be charged a 50% fee unless those seats can be filled from the wait list.
As of July 2020 the Calfornia State Fire Marshal Training has increased its certification fees an additional 250% to $75 per certificate. Unfortunately with this increase and rising fuel costs and motel costs, we are forced to raise fees.
- Fees are now at $450 per student for the three day class including a student manual and CA state Fire certification. (Two certificates, ATR Awarness and ATR Technition)
- Extra costs may be assessed for travel greater than 100 miles. Contact us to negotiate.
- It is our goal to promote and expand the disapline. We are retired and are not trying to make a living teaching classes and thus are willing to work with groups to contain costs as much as possible.
- Make checks out to "Large Animal Rescue LLC".
To hold a class, we need the following;